With so many options available for hardwood flooring, it can seem overwhelming to decide on the best wood flooring for your home. When you choose M Craft, you choose an experienced Chicago team who will be there to guide you through the process of finding the perfect flooring for your home.
If you’re looking for a place to start, here are some of the top considerations to think about to select the best wood flooring for your Chicagoland home:
- If you’re considering new hardwood installation, you need to make sure that your choice of flooring is in tune with your lifestyle. It’s important that the floors’ density, stain and finish are a good match for your daily use and your home’s traffic patterns. Hardwood can scratch, dent and mark, however, if you know that a particular area of your home will experience high traffic patterns you can use that information to help narrow your selection and make the right choice for you and your family.
- Your home is as individual as you are. The hue and the color of your wood selection can be made to match or complement your décor. Depending on the casual or formal nature of your home, an M Craft design consultant can help you select ideal colors and finishes. Our team of experts can help you balance the color of new wood flooring with your existing woodwork, cabinetry and other interior design elements.
- The grain of your hardwood can affect the texture, strength and look of your flooring. If you have high-traffic floors, pets, or little ones, your choice in wood grain might be an important factor in the decision-making process. If your floors are fairly low maintenance, your preference for a particular wood grain may be a completely decorative decision. A unique wood grain can make a statement on its own.
- Your floors anchor the design of your home. In addition to color and grain, there are plenty of
other artistic accents available: a unique floorboard pattern, an inlay or medallion, or a border can be just the customization a room demands. These individual design elements can be used to help to break up spaces, provide a focal point within a room, and help to showcase the personality of your home. Whether you have a flair for drama or a classic, laid-back style, our in-home design consultants can find the custom solution to make your home truly one of a kind.
- In addition to the characteristics of the hardwood, the way that the flooring is sanded and finished can have a beautiful effect on the overall look of your hardwood. M Craft’s installation team uses the latest and best in hardwood finishes. Our Chicagoland team will help you select the appropriate finish to protect your flooring investment and meet your desired aesthetic.